Mark’s LGBTQ+ Policy Proposals
The LGBTQ+ community is an integral part of Baltimore City, and we should proactively protect and promote the rights and well-being of LGBTQ+ people. As delegate, I will:
- Work to prevent violence and homelessness among Maryland’s trans population by putting those in need in touch with organizations such as Baltimore Safe Haven that provide transitional housing to our most vulnerable citizens.
- Support the Inclusive Schools Act which will codify anti-discrimination protections for all students, Pre-K-12 who are enrolled in our public schools and in schools receiving public funding by fostering inclusive, safe, welcoming, and affirming schools and educational environments for LGBTQ+ students.
- Increase access to affordable, high-quality, nondiscriminatory health care services and insurance benefits for LGBTQ+ people and educate healthcare providers and professionals on LGBTQ+ specific language including the proper use of pronouns.
- Foster inclusive labor practices and workplace policies that encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace and provide guidance and resources to victims of discrimination.
- Protect and strengthen the civil rights of LGBTQ+ people as it pertains to family law and allow LGBTQ-inclusive definitions of spouse/partner for family leave.